Zapala, wind and some additional rest days
Decided to take some additional days in Zapala to let a weather system pass through.
The next town is 200+ kilometers to the south-west with nothing in between. Following are weather forecasts over next few days.
- Sunday – Winds from W, 41 km/h gusting to 59 km/h
- Monday – Winds from WNW, 30 km/h gusting to 50 km/h
- Tuesday – Winds from WNW, 44 km/h gusting to 96 km/h
- Wednesday – Winds from WNW, 59 km/h gusting to 78 km/h
- Thursday – Winds from WNW, 72 km/h gusting to 96 km/h
- Friday – Winds from W, 9 km/h, gusting to 15 km/h
On the other side of the gap forecasts also have high winds along with occasional rain and drizzle.
While I could slog through the next days and make it across the gap before the worst winds, it wouldn’t be pleasant riding. I have some time that I might otherwise spend in Bariloche that I will now spend in this nice little town.